יום שבת, 1 באוגוסט 2009

psychics and physics

Well just today the thought popped into my head to call in sick to work, and I almost did it. Didn't even have a reason for it, as I like my job and I'm not sick. Then a couple of hours into my shift, I get a call from my mom that my uncle is in the hospital with MRSA and I need to come home to take care of my kid while she runs to the hospital. Things like that happen to me sometimes. Not with any great frequency, but often enough to make me go hmmmm.
My friend is gifted with the ability to read people, effect outcomes, and see future events. He also uses tarot cards, but often things just come to him. He's told me a couple of stories of visions he's had that made my hair stand on end, and when we first started talking, he listed a bunch of specific things that he "read" from me, and it was down-right spooky. Also runs in the family for him, as he said his mother is gifted.
I believe we know very little about how the universe works, and these psychic phenomena will some day be explained by science. We're living in an age in which theoretical physicists seriously discuss parallel universes, multiple dimensions, and time travel. And then you have quantum mechanics which is a very, very odd science and also fairly new--and chances are, whatever gives psychics their abilities happens at the atomic level and we just don't understand it yet.
are you a psychic too? do the free psychic test

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה